Job Title: Executive Director
Supervisor: Board of Directors
Phillips Strickland House, a freestanding non-profit organization, initially incorporated in 1874, remains a genteel and caring home for men and women that provides assisted living, a lively social life, an experienced and respectful staff, comfortable rooms in neighborhood settings, and exceptional cuisine. Boyd Place was added in 2000 to provide 33 light-filled apartments for independent seniors.
The Executive Director is the chief executive officer of the Corporation, including subsidiaries, and has the primary responsibility for providing a safe, stimulating, professional, and positive environment for each program’s residents. The Executive Director must have a hand on the organization’s pulse and the needs and concerns of each individual and assure that its mission and values are upheld for the residents’ benefit.
To fulfill this primary mission, the Executive Director provides leadership with the support of an experienced Board of Directors and senior staff for the management of the corporation, including:
- Financial management
- Investment coordination & monitoring
- Daily operations
- Budget preparation
- Policy formulation & execution
- Regulatory compliance
- Execution & analysis of operating costs
- Management of the facilities
Additional responsibilities include:
- Working with senior staff to recruit excellent employees
- Train, evaluate, and provide leadership for the entire team
- Establishing a development program to address annual giving, planned giving, and endowment growth
- May include conducting fundraising events as necessary
- Maintaining excellent visibility in the community and establishing an affiliation with relevant associations, agencies, government departments, and healthcare facilities concerned with housing and services for the elderly
- As the face of PSH, ensuring the agency remains a respected, valued asset in the community
Primary Coordinating Functions
Responsibility for the day-to-day management and oversight of the corporation. As principal staff to the Board of Directors and its standing committees, prepares and maintains such reports, analyses, and other documentation as required by regulation, policy, or practice.
Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors or required by circumstances.
Required Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Services Administration, or another related field with a minimum of five years of experience in a senior leadership position. Must hold a current license as an administrator of either a residential care facility or nursing home.